Wednesday, August 20, 2014

About me: Hair Background



When I was in elementary my mother mostly did my hair and she did what she could. I recall her taking pretty good care of it actually. My mother always had a hobby back then for learning new styles (apple doesn't fall far from the tree :D). Growing up my hair was actually quite long (came past my butt). In middle school I barely gave a flying hoot over how each curl fell compared to my straight haired comrades. I saw no difference between us. I recall the memory of my hair being quite long and getting compliments on it here and there but honestly it just never mattered to me. Back then I would rather read books and write novels than give my hair any thought.

Then the dreaded Junior High came about.. >_<.. and here is where my hair journey met a horrible little monster called.. the straightener. For years I would listen to its promises of straighter more manageable shiny locks like my brethren and to no avail. The end result was split ends and an oily scalp I could never seem to get rid of. On top of the monstrosity I had caused, I cut my hair to a little past my shoulders.. I have no idea what I was thinking to do something so absurd. Instantly I regretted it.


When I started high school I realized the best way to fix my hair was to take a natural approach and heal my body from the inside out. And the better *new* me was born. I have noticed an interesting change in curl pattern and texture which is interesting but not so surprising since I used to straighten it. Now its become more a "wavy" than a "curly" texture but it has its days. Now my hair is shiny, longer, thicker than ever. The best part about these changes?
 This is only the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment