Thursday, August 21, 2014

About me: Hair Goals

Hair length is one of the first things I had in mind diving into the hair journey. In the beginning I desired waist length the most but now that I'm nearly tailbone length I'm desiring more than I previously imagined. Because I still have wurly hair itll take me twice as much growth to see the results I want compared to my straight haired comrades just to see the same length. Its unfair to the common eye, but in hindsight it just makes me want to try even more. I'm inspired. Now more than ever. Right now my curls are waist length but when they are stretched they reach my tailbone. I want classic length curls (they will hit below my bum) but when stretched the curls will be calf length. A nice bonus but still, this is the goal. 

A personal side note: The one thing I've found with my own hair growth since taking the journey is that your hair grows faster than you think. The more you look for length changes the slower it'll seem but boy oh boy does it grow!

Inspirational pictures:
I've always wanted a long continuously thick braid/pigtails with blunt ends. I know my hair isn't naturally straight but by the time I reach classic, calf, or ankle length my hair will probably lose all curls and become an even slighter straight wave than I already have (especially from wearing it in protective styles all the time). So my hair goal is suitably appropriate. 






 <-- Single English Braid 
Double English Braids-->




In conjunction I also desire a long thick and heavy pony tail that will tickle my butt as I walk.



 <--Desired classical length thickness
 Thigh Length and thickness-->







As well as a heavy yet beautifully thick bun.



 <--Chinese braided bun
Bengali style traditional hair bun-->







And last but not least.. having a heavy thick mane that will cascade around my body like a blanket when I sit down or stand up. I only wear my hair out once a week and that won't change for the rest of my life. So that one day in the week that I wear it out, I like the idea of sitting in bed with my husband watching a good horror movie while he runs his hands through my soft waves. Sounds dreamy right? Well at least to me it does.


Trust me, I realize this goal of mine may not be ideal for everyone but there's something so beautiful about long hair.. rather its curly, wavy, kinky, or straight. I just want to appreciate my natural texture in its full magnitude.

How long have I been growing it? 2 years
How much do I retain from protective styling? 80 to 90%
End goal? 10 years growth= 60 inches= 6 feet
How tall am I? 5ft 1"
Current Hair Length? An inch or two away from tailbone length. 

No comments:

Post a Comment