Saturday, August 30, 2014

How I wear my hair at night



Okay I get this question allllll the time. Not exaggerating. But hey I get it, when I first started my hair journey this is all I was wondering for the longest time. Some people suggested wearing your hair in a braid or a bun, some even suggested just wearing it down. I personally am not a fan of any of these options, for differing reasons of course.

Why the no braid?
Well honestly I am not just a fan of the braid waves look on my hair. I already have naturally wavy hair and adding an extra wave pattern that just isn't natural doesn't sit well with me. For some women and men it just looks amazing! So don't think I'm discouraging it I just can't say I'm a fan. Not to mention, the tying off the hair leaves the ends exposed and more breakage is eventually going to follow.

Why the no bun?
Oh man soooo many reasons... wearing your hair in a bun at night means risking evident breakage on your hair ends and a receding hairline with time. All that pressure/tightness you are putting on those strands leads to the imminent likelihood of those risk coming true.

Why no wearing it down?
Wearing it down at night has got to be one of the worst things anyone can do, for both people trying to grow their hair out and those who aren't. Even with a satin pillow case, you are risking some horrible breakage. Think about it.. we roll around in our sleep, drool, roll around some more.. its just not a good idea. Something I would never dare recommend to anyone.

The end conclusion of hairstyle nightly choice I came to was actually one I never planned on. It kinda just.. happened one day :D. You see, I was trying to put my hair up for a french twist with a claw clip and I just tucked in the ends of the hair instead of leaving them out. There we go! The perfect style. Just twist all your hair, fold it, tuck the ends inside, and just clip it so its secure. Throw a satin cap over that and you are good to go.
Looks just like this!

No comments:

Post a Comment