Thursday, August 21, 2014

My Hair Regimen: (Concotions Explained)

In my last post I discussed and shared my daily hair regimen so here are the details on my methods for those interested in following it as an outline or adopting it entirely.

Inversion Method: choose a place, anywhere you want, and lay upside for 5 minutes. WARNING: get up SLOWLY. Don't let the blood just rush to your head.

Scalp Massage: use your fingertips and gently knead and rub your scalp for 10 minutes. WARNING: you will get tangles if you use your fingernails to massage the scalp.

Acupressure: I know it sounds strange but rub your fingernails against each other for 10 minutes. I'll explain why and how this works in another post.

Water Rinse: get 2 gallons of distilled water, pour it into a water bottle and rinse hair

DIY hair mist/spray: mix together aloe vera, rosemary herb, boiled water, coconut oil, extra virgin olive oil, almond oil, and lavender oil (no specific measurements). Keep in mind I not to spray too much all over just wear you think you need it most. My hair gets frizziest in the back so I focus on misting that area especially. Since this has oil in it you want to be careful because if you use too much your hair will look oily like its still wet.

Sealing Ends: First I melt some coconut oil in my hands and run that through my hair a bit (only a little at a time), and then I go over that will Raw Shea Butter for extra cuticle protection. That way my hair stays manageable, soft, and frizz free throughout the day, especially if it is the one day I wear it down. 

Oil Overnight: take enough coconut oil in your hands to really coat the hair (make it look oily). However do not pour so much on your head that your dripping with it. Just roll hair in a bun, put a plastic bag over it, and a satin sleep cap to hold everything in place while you sleep.

Protein Treatment: 2 egg yolks (separate from the whites) and 1 pitcher of boiling hot water. I pout the two egg yolks in the hot water, take a fork, and stir the yolks in the water till it tuns yellow. Let it sit for about 30 minutes till it becomes semi warm and then pour it in your hair (I advise over a sink as it can get quite messy). Leave it in for 30-45 minutes.

Moisture Treatment: mix 1 spoonful manuka natural pure honey, 1/2 avocado, 1 banana, 1 spoonful yogurt, 1 spoonful sour cream, canned coconut milk, lime. Apply it to you hair and leave in overnight. Rinse it out in the morning when you awaken.

Indian Powders Treatment:  mix together a decent batch of amla, brahmi, neem, shikakai, cassia obovata, hibiscus petal, kapur kachri, kalpi tone, reetha, methi (fenugreek), jatamansi, coconut milk powder, rose petal powder, (2 capsules) marshmallow root, and (2 capsules) slippery elm. Prepare using the instructions on the packet. Place mixture in a glass bowl not plastic or metal. I bought all my supplies off of amazon (cost me a pretty penny) and to make it last a long time I just use 1 tablespoon of each item and 2 pills of herbs. Apply it to the hair in the morning with gloves on and don't rinse it out until night time.

Rinse out Tea Mixture: mix together 1 black tea bag, 1 green tea bag, 1 spoonful apple cider vinegar, 1 lemon, 1 neem organic tea bag, 1 horsetail organic tea bag, 1 rosemary herb, and a teaspoon lavender oil. Let it steep in a pot of boiling water for 30 minutes. When its time fix  bath and pour the pot of water into the bathtub. Get in and just lay there for a good while. Powders can be tricky to get out of the hair so just laying in the tub will gently coax the powder out but be patient. When its all out, drain the water and hop out.







No comments:

Post a Comment