Sunday, August 31, 2014

Hair Typing

Out of all the subjects about hair, this one is probably the most confusing of all. Trust me, I've been an avid researcher for years and I STILL can't be sure what hair type I am anymore. For now, this is how I've managed to understand all the different types..
  • 1a (stick straight, strands are close together)
  • 1b (straight with a small barely noticeable wave, ends flick different ways)
  • 1c (still straight but has a defined body wave to it)
  • 2a (loose S waves)
  • 2b (shorter mores distinct type S waves. similar to when you take your hair out of a braid)
  • 2c (the distinct S waves and odd spiral curls here and there)
  • 3a (big loose spiral curls)
  • 3b (bouncy ringlets)
  • 3c (tight corkscrews)
  • 4a (tightly coiled S curls)
  • 4b (tightly coiled Z shape curls)
  • 4c (tighter Z curls)
Personally, I'm starting to think I'm a 2c/3a mix. But really, who knows?  This system is just here to give you a general idea on your hair.


No comments:

Post a Comment