Thursday, August 28, 2014

The Importance of Distilled Water

So for the longest time I can recall taking my showers and baths, toweling off and coming out with dry hair, despite my regimen. The puzzled the heck out of me. Just when I thought I had everything I needed in my regimen to produce the beautiful locks I was desiring I realized something insane... my most basic of foundations was utterly and completely wrong. What do I mean by that you ask?

Well it was my water.

As it turns out, the water I was rinsing with everyday was "hard water" which contains minerals and chemicals that do quite a bit of harm. Usually it mostly is composed of calcium and magnesium but may also include bicarbonates and sulfates. The degree of hardness becomes greater as the mineral content increases. And what does this do to your hair? It builds up, slowly and over time till sooner or later you have a dry sad dull locks.
Such a small but truly noticeable difference.

Solution?
Change the water!

So I thought to myself, "Alright I can do this! I'll just boil a pot of water for 15 minutes, let it cool, and rinse my hair with it." Was I wrong? Yes and no. Turns out, boiling some tap water isn't going to get rid of all the impurities, only some. So this was awful disheartening to hear and quite a shock to my system. I spent hours researching distillation methods at home and to no avail.. so the simplest method I came up with?
Just buy 2 gallons of distilled water every week. Pour some of it into a water bottle and rinse! DO NOT let the shower water touch your hair.  After you finish washing your body only rinse with the bottle of distilled water you poured from the jug. It's going to be a little cold but bear with it. When you finish your bathing, rub a little coconut oil on there and the difference you see is immediate. The hair will be much softer, slicker, and shinier. I've experienced the change myself and I'm never looking back.

No comments:

Post a Comment